Egypt and South Sudan
- March 22, 2014: Egypt joins fellow African mediators to settle South Sudan conflict
- October 17, 2012: President Kiir receives credentials of Sudan and four other ambassadors
- Ayman Ahmed Mokhtar is Ambassador of Egypt to South Sudan.
- Fermina Mawketh Manar is Ambassador of South Sudan to Egypt .
- May 14, 2012: Egypt Government trains media attaches in diplomacy
- December 8, 2011: President Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit received the credential about Moayad Fathallah Moihammed appointment as the Egyptian Ambassador to South Sudan.
- Fermina Mawketh Manar was made the South Sudan ambassador to Egypt.
At a Arab Doctors Union conference in Cairo in December 2011, the capital of Egypt, Fermina Manar told the Egypt officials that South Sudan intends to forge a special relationship with Arab countries. Reacting to North Sudan ambassador Kamal Ali Hassan's remarks on President Kiir's recent visit to Israel, Fermina said that Khartoum was always trying to distort the South Sudan's image.
In April 2012, Egypt tried to diffuse the tensions between South Sudan and Khartoum. Egypt's Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamel Amr arrived at Khartoum airport on April 15 for talks.